Looking for a job in District 69 Schools but not quite sure what position? Consider being a Substitute!
District 69 is looking for individuals that are passionate about supporting our students and our schools in any of the following areas:
Substitute Teaching (requires a bachelor's degree or at least 60 college credit hours)
Substitute Lunch/Recess Supervisors
Being a Substitute is a great way to explore different career paths within education, create and manage your own schedule, and earn money (up to $175 a day!). Some substitute positions do not require you to obtain a substitute teaching license and/or do not require you to have a bachelor's degree. See below for more information.
If you’re interested in any of our positions, please fill out the Substitute application found here or contact Sub@Skokie69.net and a member of our team will get back to you to help you find the right fit!
Questions? Contact Sub@skokie69.net.
No Substitute License/Bachelor's Degree Needed:
Lunch/Recess; Custodian; and Paraprofessional
Rates of Pay:
- Lunch/Recess Supervisor: $70/day - Shift is 4.5 hours
- Custodian: $123/day - Shift is 7.5 hours
- Paraprofessional: $130/day - Shift is 7.0 hours
Substitute Teaching License
To be eligible for a substitute teaching license, you must have a bachelor’s degree in any field.
To apply for a substitute license you will need to use ELIS, the online licensure system. Please refer to the detailed directions below for information on the online process.
If you hold a current Illinois teaching certificate, Professional Educator License (PEL), you do not need to obtain a Substitute Teaching License.
Once you Have Been Selected to be a District 69 Substitute
If you are selected as a substitute teacher, you will need to complete an FBI fingerprint background check and child abuse/neglect check, each of which must be satisfactory to the District, as part of the hiring process. Once you are approved for the substitute list, you will be provided with a login and password for our substitute system, Frontline Education (AESOP), which is used to report absences and assign substitutes.
Substitute Teaching Handbook
Information about substitute teaching in District 69 is contained in the District 69 Substitute Teacher Handbook.
If you have any questions, please contact Robyn Foreman, Substitute Coordinator,
firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 847-982-6229
Applying Online for a Substitute License
In order to obtain your sub license, you need to go online to make an application. The state is not taking paper applications. Please follow these steps to create an account with the state AND to make your application. You will need to have a credit card handy.
- Go to: http://www.isbe.net/elis/
- On the left hand side in the light blue section you will see “Sign Up Now”. Click on that to create an account with ISBE.
- Enter your personal information (Name, Birth Date, SSN). You will create a login name and a password. We recommend that you use a personal email address with ISBE so that they can communicate with you in the future. Click continue.
- You should be re-directed to a log-in screen. You can now enter your login name and password. If you aren’t re-directed to a log in screen, you can go here and click on the “Educator Access” to log in to your ELIS account.
- On the Home Page of your personal account, you should see a link that says “Apply for Illinois License, Endorsement, or Approval”. Click here and follow the directions to apply for the license. You will apply for a “substitute license”. To be eligible for a substitute license, you need to have a bachelor’s degree (it can be in any field).
- During the online application process, you will need to pay an application fee. The state will also assess a small fee for the credit card transaction. You will also need to register the certificate in Region 05 – North Cook for its 5-year validity period.
- You will need to submit official transcripts to the state of Illinois. You should send those to: North Cook ISC / ROE 05, ATTN: Educator Licensure, 2340 Des Plaines River Road, Suite 414, Des Plaines, IL 60018
Licensure Reimbursement Form
If you received your sub license after July 1, 2017 and have worked at least 10 full days as a substitute teacher within one year of the issuance of your license, then you are eligible to receive a $50 refund from ISBE. You must complete Form 73-02 and submit it to the District within 18 months of your issuance date.
If you have questions about licensure, please contact North Cook ISC at 847-824-8300 or visit www.ncisc.org